LCA All Breed Draft Test
Friday, August 18, 2017
ENTRIES OPEN: July 10, 2017
ENTRIES CLOSE: August 2, 2017
- ENTRY LIMIT: 20 total teams, 4 of which can be brace teams.
- CLASSES OFFERED INCLUDE: Novice, Novice Brace, Open, Open Brace, Novice Veteran, Open Veteran and Brace Veteran.
- This test is open to all AKC Registered Dogs 18 months of age and older.
- Leonbergers will be given preference.
- ENTRY FEE: $45.00 USD
- Must be completed on the LCA Draft Test Entry Form, signed and submitted, by mail, to the test secretary on or before the closing date.
- Please note: Brace teams must complete a separate entry form for each dog.
- One entry per envelope only. (Brace is considered one entry, but each dog will need its own entry form).
- Entries must be done by mail.
- Faxed, couriered, emailed or hand delivered entries will not be accepted.
- CONFIRMATION OF ENTRY: After the closing date, all entrants will be notified by mail, (telephone or email) of their placement. Start time TBD after closing date.
- BITCHES IN SEASON*: Are permitted to compete but only after the last male team has completed the test including the freight haul. Bitches in season must be contained in a separate area well away from male dogs and away from the test site. * Please notify the test secretary if your bitch is in season.
- EQUIPMENT: Entrants are responsible for providing their own draft equipment and freight haul weight.
- FOOD AND TOYS: A handler shall not carry or offer food or toys during draft test exercises.
- RULES & REGULATIONS: Entrants are responsible for obtaining the LCA Draft Test Regulations and being familiar with them. Link to LCA Draft Test Rules
- MacFarland Park – 1401 Chinook Ave, Enumclaw, WA 98022, USA
More information regarding MacFarland Park can be found at City of Enumclaw
- Spectators can enjoy the show for free. Dogs must be on leash at all times. Please be courteous and clean up after yourself and your dog.
- Directions From the North - From the North follow I-5 South to exit 142A and merge onto WA-18E toward Auburn. Take the WA-164 East exit toward Enumclaw Auburn. Follow WA -164 E for 14 miles. Turn left on Porter St., then right onto Chinook Ave.
- Directions From the South - From the South follow I-5 North to exit 127 and merge onto WA-512 E toward Puyallup. Use any lane to merge onto WA-167 N toward WA-4109 E/Seattle/Yakima. Use the right two lanes to take the WA-410 E exit toward Sumner/Yakima. Follow 410 for 15.2 miles then turn left onto Cole St. Next left onto Stevenson Ave then right onto Porter St, then right onto Chinook Ave.
- Ruth Nielsen - Seattle, WA
- Jennifer Brightbill - Oregon City, OR
- Red Lion Inn and Suites - Auburn, located in Auburn, WA.; www.redlion.com
- GuestHouse Inn Enumclaw, located in Enumclaw, WA.; www.redlion.com
- Cedars Inn (formerly Kings Valu Inn), located in Enumclaw, WA.; www.cedarsinnenumclaw.com
- Econo Lodge, located in Buckley, WA.; www.choicehotels.com
- Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel, located in Puyallup, WA.; www.bestwesternpremierplaza.com
- Draft Test Chair Person
- Draft Test Secretary
- Lead Steward
- Steward and Grounds Crew
Volunteers of the LCNW
- It is the responsibility of the exhibitor to be familiar with the rules pertaining to the event & class in which they are competing. LCA Draft Test Rules can also be found at www.leonbergerclubofamerica.com
- This test is limited to 16 NDD Teams and 4 NBDD Teams. Leonbergers will be given preference. Any remaining slots of any unfilled classes will be filled by lottery. Only one entry per envelope will be accepted. (Brace teams are considered 1 team, use two entry forms)
- The draft test committee will exercise due care and attention for the safety and well being of the dogs entered but will not be responsible for, nor assume any liability in the event of any accident or other misfortune to any dog, exhibitor, spectator, patron either to themselves or their property.
- Spectators are welcome. Dogs must be on leash at all times. Please be courteous and clean up after yourself and your dog.
- AWARDS & PRIZES: All participants will receive a ring favor and each dog earning a qualifying score will receive a rosette.
- WEATHER: Please be prepared to provide your own shelter / shade.
(After which time entries cannot be accepted, cancelled or altered except as specifically allowed in the LCA Draft Test Regulations.)
LCA Draft Test InformationShow Information
Premium and Entry Form Downloads
Entries must be completed on the LCA Draft Test Entry Form, signed and submitted, by mail, to the test secretary on or before the closing date, August 2, 2017.
Your forms and payments must be RECEIVED by the deadline, August 2, 2017, to compete in the test. Entries must be done by mail. Faxed, couriered, emailed or hand delivered entries will NOT be accepted.
Mail forms and fees to: Junko Ferguson - 521 98th Ave. NE, Bellevue, WA 98004
All fees payable to: Leonberger Club of the Northwest.
Please remember to print a copy of the forms for your records.